At Fascadail House we are committed to providing a good quality service whilst trying to minimise the environmental impact of our activities.
We feel passionately about our beautiful surroundings here in the National Park and we are therefore trying to be as careful as we can. There are days we fail. There are things we know we can do better and we are working on. If you have any suggestions we will be delighted to hear from you.
By promoting sustainable practices the scheme will help ensure the continued enjoyment of the environment around us for future generations. So that you can have a flavour of what we are trying to do we have listed below how we strive to reduce our waste, energy consumption, and water consumption as well as respecting and promoting our natural and cultural heritage.
- We will recycle the paper and glass waste in your room bin.
- We strive to make efficient use of paper (visitor info packs, confirmations by email).
- We recycle as much as possible and also participate in our local councils food waste system.
- We use low energy light bulbs.
- The insulation of the building has been improved as much as possible.
- We change your sheets every five days ? reducing associated energy consumption
- If you want your towels changed put them in the bath or shower. If they are hanging up or put back on the towel rail we will leave them with you for another day.
- Whenever possible your laundry is line dried.
- We purchase many of the ingredients for your cooked breakfast from local suppliers.
- We use Fair Trade products where no local product is available.
- We encourage wildlife into our garden.
- Your room is cleaned with environmentally friendly products.
- We encourage our guests to support local producers, pubs, restaurants and cafes and we promote local tourist attractions.
- We are happy to collect people who travel by public transport and have train/ bus and ferry timetables.
If you want to join us:
- We invite you to switch off your lights when you are not using them.
- We invite you to use water with care.
- We invite you to use the soap in the dispenser rather than the individual sachets.
- You are also invited to turn your television off at the mains when you are not using it so that the little red light switches off .
- If you would like to leave your car in the car park you are very welcome to leave it there all day.
- If you would like to buy produce from the local shops this will help the local economy and reduce the environmental impact.
And finally, I just want to thank you for your help and assure you no one will check what you choose to do. The most important thing is that you have a lovely stay with us.
If anyone is interested for a small yearly subscription you can become members of local conservation organisation, The Friends of Loch Lomond &The Trossachs please see us for details. Through our membership of this organization , we are proud to be founding participants in their 'OurPark' tourism/conservation partnership scheme which is aimed at raising finance for much needed conservation projects in the National Park.